Saturday, May 21, 2011

Two for the road

Yes, I want to live in an America that harnesses the power of wind and sun, where quality health care is a right, not a luxury and where our children have the tools they need to compete in a global economy. But there's  something else I want. I want a 5-year national  moratorium on "I Gotta Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas.

I didn't used to hate the song, but I do now.  I heard it the other night -- again -- this time at Venue on N. Salina Street in Syracuse. It was my clue to call it a night. I'm not the only one in revolt. There's a Facebook group R U Sick of that G.D. Black Eyed Peas Song, "I Gotta Feeling."


http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=159706445831&v=wall


I'm its newest member.  There are only 12 of us, but we speak for millions -- those who hate "I Gotta Feeling" and those who hate it but just don't realize it yet. If you're a radio deejay, a pre-teen planning a birthday party, the owner of a hip-hop club or anyone else who has the power to shut down this song, please do the right thing. 


Let's do it, let's do it, let's do it, let's do it.


Mazel tov.


And while we're at it, how about a moratorium at all sporting events on that Cha Cha Slide riff "Everybody clap your hands"?


Thank-you.


And God bless America.



1 comment:

  1. What does any of this have to do with Obama's call for a Middle East peace accord founded on pre-'67 war boundary lines accompanied by mutually agreeable land swaps?!

    ReplyDelete